I don’t really have a good impression on Oracle product, though it is truth that their product perform well, they are just less user orientated.
So this time, I am having trouble with updating Java Runtime Environment, or JRE in short. It has been a long problem. I got several desktops in my company which require JRE for their work. But after a month or two, the users will complaint to me that they cannot use their application and show me a screenshot which is actually a pop up saying JRE is out of date.
Oracle never provided an automatic update mechanism for JRE, and because the user doesn’t have administrator right, they can’t perform their installation on their on. At the end of the day, I have to update the JRE on their desktop, one by one.
So finally today I am looking for solution to the problem, and found this, a batch script to update the Java. I tried, and found a few bugs and issues. So I decided to fork it and create my own one, which is the birth of my own Auto-Java-Updater.
Anyway, my day has gone to make this script, and hopefully saving me the trouble onward until JRE 8 is obsoleted.