I was a user of Sleepbot since 2013. However it was abandoned by the developer later on and no more new release for a few years. I tried to check their blog but no reason found behind this.
Anyway I was still using Sleepbot until my Nexus 5X was dead, due to the infamous bootloop (but what the news said, LG did repaired my phone) and I lost a month of data even I have do regular backup. Coincidentally I saw Sleep as Android on the editor choice of Google Play a few days ago before the phone dead, so I decided to switch to something else.
After comparing with Sleep as Android and Sleep Better with Runtastic, I decided to got for Sleep as Android because what I need is just sleep tracking, I don’t need alarm and it seems Sleep Better with Runtastic has no way use sleep tracking without an alarm.
So now I am using Sleep as Android, and then I did a quick search to see if there is any methods to import the data from Sleepbot. In the documentation, it did mention someone made a Ruby script for import data, which convert the exported file from mysleepbot.com. However I didn’t use cloud save so it just doesn’t work for me. So based on that script, I wrote my own version which convert the exported file from the app itself instead to a file that can be imported in Sleep as Android. So that is the why the script is here. The reason why I used Python is just because I have very little knowledge with Ruby.
Enough for the background information. Anyway you can find the script and more technical details at the project page.
PS: I just found that there is no annual report from WordPress in year 2016!
After 2.5 years, finally I am able to finish working on the new version. This is mainly to fix the problem introduced in Android 5.0 Lollipop that empty folder will turn into file after scan.
Others changes include support of runtime permission in Android 6.0 Marshmallow and also IDE change from Eclipse to Android Studio. Well but IDE change doesn’t affect the user anyway.
You can get the latest version of the app from Google Play below.
I don’t really have a good impression on Oracle product, though it is truth that their product perform well, they are just less user orientated.
So this time, I am having trouble with updating Java Runtime Environment, or JRE in short. It has been a long problem. I got several desktops in my company which require JRE for their work. But after a month or two, the users will complaint to me that they cannot use their application and show me a screenshot which is actually a pop up saying JRE is out of date.
Oracle never provided an automatic update mechanism for JRE, and because the user doesn’t have administrator right, they can’t perform their installation on their on. At the end of the day, I have to update the JRE on their desktop, one by one.
So finally today I am looking for solution to the problem, and found this, a batch script to update the Java. I tried, and found a few bugs and issues. So I decided to fork it and create my own one, which is the birth of my own Auto-Java-Updater.
You may visit the project page here or download the script at the project release page here.
Anyway, my day has gone to make this script, and hopefully saving me the trouble onward until JRE 8 is obsoleted.
Finally I am able to squeeze some time working on the new version. The old trick doesn’t work on Android 4.4 KitKat due to security issue. I searched the web for some solution and insight and finally figured out the way myself. Anyway the app is working now on Android 4.4 KitKat and hopefully without any issues or bugs. If you find any, would be the best if you could report to me.
You can see the app from Google Play below.
Last week my Nexus 4 finally received the OTA to upgrade to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat. It is great but for my apps on Play Store they just not that great with the new KitKat.
Android KitKat changed the system behavior due to security concern and as a result vzMediaScan will crash if you perform immediate media scan. Fixing the crash is easy but having the media scanning working again is another story. Anyway here is a new version which fixed the app crashing problem. I have also restricted the new version to Android 4.3 and below. I will have the app support Android 4.4 later on. Well but that’s gonna to be a long way.
You can see the app from Google Play below.
This app has been ready for sometime but it lack an icon. I was waiting for one from my friend but now, the date will never come. Anyway I got no graphical skill for the icon design and therefore just use a simple text as the icon.
I was using Nexus S before and after switching to Nexus 4, I encountered a problem that the deleted files sometimes still appear in the file explorer on the PC. It is the problem that the media store is not updated. There are a number of apps that helps to force a media scan, but none of them is able to set a schedule to scan automatically. Therefore here is a little app I wrote for myself to set the scheduled scan and forget the out-of-sync media store when I need to access the file from PC.
You can download the app from the below link after Google has finish processing my new published app.
Well while I was working on the old vClcok to add 4×2 widget, I discovered a bug in vzClock in handling 2 widgets of different size. Not sure if this is lucky or not, this bug will never happen on some Android because a bug on Android which prevent it from happening! I cannot rule out that there are some other Android OS from other vender which actually discovered and fixed the bug so I am releasing a new version to fix the bug.
Below is a change log in version 2.1.1:
- [Fix] Fixed a bug when user delete all widget of one type, the another type of widget will stop working
- [Change] Minor UI change