Because the printer was replaced, I need to reconfigured all PC to remove the old printer and add the new printer. It is strange to find that out of 4 PC, 2 of them doesn’t work.
On Windows 7 PC:
- Unable to delete the printer
- Unable to change the default printer
After searching on the Internet and checking the difference between the working PC and not working PC, it looks like the 2 PC which has problem was inflected with malware before. The permission on the printer related registry was incorrectly set.
- Run registry editor regedit
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- In the menu, select Edit > Permissions
- Click Advanced and make sure all permissions are inherited from CURRENT_USER